Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hey, I love you.

Dear Abraham,



Hey- welcome to our lives. :-)  I'm guessing you have no idea what you're in for, especially since you're 6 days old and the neurons in your brain have not yet organized and developed to allow you to form memories, let alone make predictions... but let me share some important things with you.

I love you.
Your parents will probably tell you someday that aunt Nicole was not really a baby-enthusiast before she met you. And they wouldn't be wrong. I've got to say- I'm quite surprised with myself... never in my life have I felt so drawn to a child, let alone one that I do not even know, but I've looked at your picture at least 10 times a day since your father texted me last Thursday. You are beautiful. You are real. You are honestly the creation of two people that I love so deeply (Mega-Pumped) and I truly love you already.


I cannot prepare you for the stories I will tell you about your parents, but I can promise you that I will tell you every single embarrassing story about dad that anyone can remember. I hope that I can prepare you to love the Transformers, because you will be getting something that has to do with Megatron from me every year for the rest of your life.
You should prepare yourself for being better at pulling good pranks than anyone else, because your Godmother has got some incredible skills. You actually might not make that many friends through the practical jokes, but- hey, good stories, right? You'll be Rick Rolling your whole pre-school class before they know what hit them.

A few months ago, I stumbled across a book of fortune-cookie fortunes. While I'm not so good at tearing the fortunes out of the book, I'd like to say I'm not bad at choosing the right fortunes for the right situation. I could not decide between these two, which I think are probably equally true:


I'm truly excited to be a part of the magic- and amazed that you have already sucked me in.
I cannot wait to meet you in person. I might even hold you, but let's not get too carried away.
With love,
Nicole
ps. For anyone who is not Matt, Rachel, or Abe, take a look at this adorable gift. Best. Godmother. Ever.





2 comments:

Please, leave comments!